Crash Data Technician
3/2009 – Present Oregon Dept. of Transportation, Crash Analysis and Reporting Section. Salem, Oregon
- Separate reported crashes of a county according to urban highways, rural highways, city streets and county roads. Examine each driver’s reported version and police report concerning the crash site. Referring to the coding reference – milepost log, engineering drawing, diagram or map, etc., — determine, then post onto each crash report the appropriate code for county, city, highway number, milepost, number of lanes or intersection type, intersecting roadways, traffic control and functional classification of roadway
- Examine, analyze, evaluate, and interpret each driver’s (and/or officer’s) version of the whole crash. Using a microcomputer enter the codes for the crash serial numbers, date, time and those codes posted earlier onto the report about the crash site. Referring to appropriate crash classification manuals, coding instructions, special notes, etc., determine the proper codes for the rest of the crash and enter it to the code sheet. Operate computer remote terminal and microcomputer for recording and retrieving crash information.
9/2007 – 3/2009 Golden Protective Services, Inc., Salem, Oregon
- Received incoming orders via email, phone, fax or mail, entered order into computerized inventory system. Converted shipped orders into invoices. Prepared shipping documentation and scheduled returns to warehouse from customer. Calculated freight and handling costs into received goods and entered date into inventory system.
1/2007 – 8/2007 Golden Protective Services, Inc., Salem, Oregon
- Charged with managing inside sales, and customer service for safety and personal protection equipment to public safety agencies. Established pricing for entire program. Developed, designed and launched new e-Commerce website. Managed on a daily basis, search engine submission, pay for click advertising. Established customer order processing procedures that fit with current business systems.
Operations & Inventory Control Manager / Buyer
7/2005 – 12/2006 Golden Protective Service, Inc., Salem, Oregon
- Maintained inventory supply chain for company and warehouses in Ohio and Oregon. Purchased on a just-in-time schedule from various domestic suppliers. Projected inventory demand for monthly and annual import products. Research Sources of newly requested product, acquire the best cost, billing and shipping terms. Supervise the proper receiving of new orders into inventory, maintaining consistent cost of goods. Establish and test procedures to coordinate sales offices and distribution centers in California, Oregon and Ohio. Participated in new and ongoing marketing projects. Research and develop new e-Commerce solutions. Set up account payable profiles. Designed and maintained Oregon warehouse. Performed data entry for new accounts, suppliers and products.
General Purchasing Manager
1/2004 – 6/2005 Ralph Atwood & Sons, Inc, Salem, OR
- Maintain inventory supply chain for three separate safety distributors. Purchase on a just-in-time schedule from various domestic suppliers. Project inventory demand for monthly and annual import product. Research sources of newly requested product, acquire the best cost, billing and shipping terms. Supervise the proper receiving of new orders into inventory, maintaining consistent cost of goods. Maintain open communication between sales staff, management and supplier. Participate in new and ongoing marketing projects. Facilitate additions of new products. Continuing to pursue the best cost-savings for all companies. Set up account payable profiles. Performed data entry for new accounts, suppliers and products.
11/2001 – 12/2003 Global Health & Hygiene, Inc., Salem, OR
- Received incoming orders via email, phone, fax or mail, entered order into computerized inventory system. Pulled and double checked pulled inventory for shipping. Shipped orders via UPS and common freight carriers. Calculated freight and sales quotes for sales staff. Processed daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports on inventory levels and sales. Maintained balanced inventory. Converted shipped orders into invoices. Performed domestic source purchasing and sourcing. Provided support for various marketing projects. Performed data entry on new accounts, suppliers and products.
6/2001 – 8/2001 Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc., Salem, OR
- Researched and created estimates for hardware, software and technical consulting services. Ordered computer hardware and software for clients. Invoiced clients, posted purchase orders and invoices into Peach Tree accounting software. Maintained current client contact information on computer database. Received calls from clients for various technical support, directed appropriate field technician to respond to the customer’s needs. Assembled computer systems and installed software. Maintained the general orderliness of the firm’s office. Maintained and ordered company inventory.
3/2001 – 6/2001 Craft Warehouse, Salem, OR
- Ordered, inventoried and merchandised ‘hard craft’ department. Managed retail team in customer service, merchandising and inventory control. Attended to customer inquiries. Advised them on various craft components and tools. Contributed to the success of their projects. Communicated with vendor sales representatives to insure that proper support and product was available to the company. Maintained orderly and accountable back stock.
7/2000 – 2/2001 Craft Warehouse, Salem, OR
- Managed the receiving, pricing, storage of retail inventory. Compared deliveries against invoices and purchase orders, insuring proper margin was maintained. Maintained inventory of as much as three lines of product, ordered using faxes, phone and hand keyed order machines. Achieved successful sales levels in all lines. Maintained orderly offsite storage of seasonal merchandise. Helped Established system of retrieval. Maintained detailed shipping and receiving log. Maintained and updated open purchase order files. Served as team member of safety committee. Helped set up the fixtures and facilities when store first opened. Supervised trained and mentored seasonal, part and full time receiving staff.
Office Specialist 1 / Mail Receiving Clerk
3/2000 – 6/2000 Oregon Dept of Revenue, Salem, OR
- Sort mail by size and program. Open mail by hand and various counting and cutting machines. Route opened mail to mail processing unit. On occasion processed tax forms. Sorted and checked for appropriate forms and order.
11/1994 – 2/2000 Rite Aid, Salem, OR
- Responsible for the accountability of incoming deliveries. Detail check freight against packing slips, confirm appropriate pricing and adherence to prior cost agreements, calculated and enter correct retail pricing into point-of-sale data system. Prepared outgoing parcel shipments. Weighing, packing and labeling packages for Fed Ex and UPS pick-up. Managed the inventory of seasonal back stock. Assist management staff as a key cashier, approving various refunds, system overrides and price adjustments. Filled in as cashier as needed, offering customer service at all times. Used hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklift to unload freight at dock. Held position of beverage and dairy buyer for store. Stocked and straightened shelves and displays on sales floor.
Photo Dept Clerk
10/1992 – 10/1994 Payless Drugs, Salem, OR
- Provided customer service in decisions involving photo processing. Discussed various options and provided price listings, and offered assistance in filling out appropriate forms. Served as cashier. Operated and maintained in-house photo processing equipment. Assessed quality control and pricing for each order. Entered customer information, verbally and written, into computers for the issuing of game licenses and Western Union money transfers. Stocked and straightened shelves and displays on sales floor.
Fire Support Sergeant
9/1988 – 1/1990 U.S. Army / 2nd Infantry Division Artillery, Camp Casey, ROK
- Maintained and operated sensitive communication equipment and vehicles. Managed the traffic of various classified digital and voice radio, and phone-line communications in Division field command post using variable format message entry device and other secure methods. Plotted information on map boards and charts to assist officers in tactical planning.
3/1985 – 8/1988 U.S. Army / 7th Infantry Division, Ft. Ord, CA
- Operated and maintained voice radio communication equipment. Advised unit commanders on best application of indirect weapons. Field tested digital tactical artillery fire support programs. Trained fellow soldiers in artillery observation, communications and general military knowledge.